1. Gold is the only metal that is “yellow” by nature. Gold jewelry can come in different colors. When that happens, it means that the gold has been mixed with one or more metals.
2. Gold jewelry usually contains a maximum of 21K pure gold. This is because gold is soft and easy to scratch. Thus, it is normally mixed with other metals for sturdiness.
3. Gold is the most malleable metal. It can be made into thin, almost-transparent sheets and even threads.
4. Pure gold never changes color.
5. Gold is not very chemically reactive, which is why it does not oxidize, rust, or tarnish.
6. Gold melts at 1064.43° Celsius.
7. Gold is a highly dense metal. In other words, it is very, very heavy.
8. Gold is used in the manufacturing of electronics as it is a good conductor of electricity.
9. Gold is used in tooth fillings, satellites, and space helmets. Compounds of the metal are part of many drugs that are used in the treatment of many illnesses.
10. Pyrite is also called “fool’s gold” because it resembles gold in appearance.